Thomas David, Goofy, Nerdy, and SEXY as heck...
I've known Tommy for about 3 years now. We met on-line when I was working with Regina Wamba of Mae I Design for a book cover, and he happened to be one of the cover models I was considering. When it came time to actually do a project together, as the cover model for the second book in the Homeric Chronicles, he came out to California. The photo shoot was organized by Tim Huitt of Huitt Photography. We had a funny "meet-cute" story. Since I didn't really know what he looked like in person, nor he me, we actually lost each other in the airport! Well, needless to say, he has become a great friend and he knows how to make everyone laugh. He's funny, sweet and an all-around great guy. Ladies, he's single and waiting on that special blend of nerdy-cute. Let me introduce you to THOMAS DAVID.
1. I notice you’re on several book covers. How did you get started doing that? What’s it like being in a cover shoot? Do you ever get nervous?
My agency at the time, Privileged Model Management, introduced me to Regina Wamba. (She's amazing!) I've been on a total of 15 book covers. [Soon Rise of Princes!!!] I'm so grateful for the opportunities she has given me. She is amazing to work with and always pairs me up with someone who I have amazing chemistry with so we can really make that magic when we all work together. Do I get nervous doing book covers? No, I'm usually really happy and excited because I get to work with a gorgeous woman.
2. You’re a very handsome guy and also do modeling! Tell us about some of the recent shoots you’ve done. What’s your goal with modeling? Is it something you want to do more of, expand on, like acting?
Modeling is awesome. I've had many experiences on the runway for Ray Edwards clothing line, Janice Dickinson fashion show, Kate Grahams Sexy in the Twins cities fashion show and many more. I've been in "Pop Star" magazine and Home Defender magazine. I worked with Raul Osorio from Project Runway on the Ice Pack show modeling his clothing on television. One of my biggest accomplishments, even though I didn't get on the show, was I making it to the semi-finals for America's Next Top Model (ANTM). I'm still happy to this day for trying and getting so close. I've done a lot and so much more but what truly makes me happy is acting. I love the feeling it gives me and making others smile. I love getting into characters and making them my own. There's not one day where I don't practice acting. It's me and it's who I am. I dream of being in movies and I'll keeping striving to get there because that's how winning is done.
3. You recently won a physical fitness title. Tell us about that. What did you do? How difficult/easy was it?
I did a Herbalife 8 week challenge. I took 1st place Grand Champ for the most change in my body. I looked jacked. It was hard because I ate extremely clean. I like to eat and I eat a lot but I still did it and didn't crack no matter how much I wanted a doughnut. Lol!
4. I know all the ladies want to know: Are you single? Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes, I'm single but I think I may found my superwoman/princess Leia. Yes, I do but she never tends to look back for some reason.
5. In your videos, you’re often doing impressions. You’re funny. When did you realize you had this talent? What’s your favorite impersonation?
I do impersonations all the time. It's my hobby and it's why I love acting. I can do hundreds of voices. It comes very easy to me. Honestly, I'd rather talk in one of my voices than my normal voice. I could fool a lot of people. Jim Carrey, Robert Downey Jr., Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger are my favorite voices and those tend to come out daily. I've done this ever since I was a young calf. Lol! I was always doing impersonations of things I saw on television.
6. Lately, you’ve been all about Pokémon Go. You are a collector, right? Tell us about your collection. How old were you when you started? What’s your most prized possession?
I've been a Pokemon fan since I was a kid. I have a collection of the cards and actually I collect Star Wars items too. I have a life size R2D2 in my kitchen. Lol!
7. I see you like to watch movies. What are your top three movies and why?
Tropic Thunder, Bruce Almighty, The Hobbit.
8. You have a minor obsession with the Batman. Great mask by the way! What is it about Batman that draws you to his character?
I can sound like him and several other characters from the Dark Knight. Batman is just badass. I just love getting into characters.
9. What fascinates you about life?
The movie and entertainment business. I want to be behind the camera and learn how everything works.
10. At the end of all things, when light fades to black, what is the only thing that’s real?
The relationships we build, out families and friends. The things we do for each other. And sweet baby infant Jesus. The good memories. The people that help you try to reach your goals.
Just a little compilation video of the Malibu shoot for Rise of Princes
If you enjoyed this post, give it a LIKE or a TWEET :) And by all means, SHARE :) If you'd like a heads up on future Big Ten Interviews or giveaways, join my email list. The only spam I like is with my eggs.
© Janell Rhiannon 2016
Any information from this blog must be properly cited :)